Monday, March 28, 2011

Updates and Future Outlook

1. My CRP (C-Reactive Protein) levels are elevated.

My rheumatologist's receptionist called me a couple of weeks back on her orders to ask me a) am I flaring? b) am I sick?

Um, I would say flaring, because I stopped taking Enbrel and hadn't started Actemra till some 3 weeks later and was getting more and more sore. So, yes, I could have told pretty much anyone that my bloodwork would be screwed up.

I told the receptionist that (not exactly those words, that would be rude; I merely said, hey, gap in drug usage, equals sore feet and loose legs, blah, blah...).

A few days later, the receptionist called back to say, "Doctor says, 'Hang in there, and get your bloodwork done again just before your next infusion.'"

Will do! At this point I can't quite tell yet if the Actemra's taking effect. My hips are even aching at times, which is concerning, just because, hey, who wants to be in pain? And if aching gets worse that's pain. But I know it can take time for drugs to work, and there's still lots of time for that to happen.

2. New work is on the horizon.


I will be very busy soon. In addition to the work I'm doing as editor of special issues at House & Home, I'm also going to be the new book editor of Chatelaine magazine for the time being! I am beside myself with excitement – I get to work on something new and a subject matter that I absolutely adore! Unfortunately, that means I won't likely have the time to post very often at all, or even have a chance to visit blogs very often. I will check in as often as I can, but I just wanted to give you all a head's up and not let you think I just dropped off the face of the earth or didn't care any more! I'm still here and will pop by when and as often as I can!

:) L

P.S. Don't forget to look for the new Kitchens & Baths issue of House & Home on newsstands and digitally today, March 28!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!! Sounds very exciting :) And, a very good excuse for being MIA for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chatelaine! I look forward to my subscription every month. Congratulations! :)

    I hope you start to feel better soon, too. It sounds like you're going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! on the great assignment as book editor. We'll miss you if we don't hear from you as often, but as long as it's all good stuff! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Pony, Helen and Carla!

    It's exciting, crazy times!!

    Helen, you'll have to tell me all that you think about Chatelaine; I'd love to hear your thoughts when you have the time!

    :) L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new job! How exciting to be appreciated for your work!! I've always wondered about others & their cpk levels. I've only this month started to drop in my numbers. It's about time if you ask you me. Been flaring so long I forgot what 'okay' felt like. Hugs. T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!
    Go you, what a high flyer you are :D

    Seriously though that's awesome, i'm sure it'll be a great success.

    I hope you manage to stop by on here from time to time, but I also hope that the actemra kicks in and you're so busy and well that you don't have time to think about RA at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats you overachiever! I hope the Actemra starts working for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so great Laurie. I hope you knock them dead, as it were. I noticed that they were beefing up the book section.

    And what a proactive doctor you have

    Annette

    ReplyDelete