I've been sick (more than the usual, haha!) the last few days, and while I've been lying around, I've been thinking about some of the changes I've made in my life/apartment since getting RA.
Here they are.
• bought cordless phones so wouldn't miss calls (running to answer phone + sore feet = not going to happen!)
• added non-slip mat (extra-soft) to tub
• switched bath towels from huge (+ heavy!) bath sheets to smaller more manageable ones
• changed tops on prescription bottles from childproof (read: impossible to open) to easy-open
• put cushion on wooden dining room chair
• added extra seat cushions to couch to up comfort factor
• dry towels, sheets, etc., in laundry room dryer instead of hanging to dry upstairs in apartment (don't like environmental impact, but hands/wrists just aren't up to weight of laundry basket filled with wet laundry)
• drive to work for now (ditto re environmental impact, but feet aren't always up to twice daily bus/subway commute, nor is body – am wiped by end of week as it is)
• drive lots of places, whereas before would walk/bus/subway it lots of places and save car for long-distance trips to see my horse (he's not actually mine, but Leotard's, and I haven't seen or ridden him since November :( ).
• keep Thinsulate-lined gloves in car in case my hands get cold because of Raynaud's and usual leather gloves aren't enough
• eat lots more veggies
• eat lots more Toblerone bars (obviously need to cut back on this + add more of previous item!)
I'm sure there are more things, but I'm too tired to think of them, physically and mentally.
I'm trying to remain positive about everything, but, truth be told, I'm finding it hard right now...I think time off is in order. I have vacation days I need to use before May 1, and I'm going to at least plan to book them so I have something to look forward to. Don't know what to do (don't really want to spend any money), but need to do something nice for myself I think!