Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Getting More and More Sore...

...and I'm not liking it one bit! I don't know if it's linked to the low hemoglobin levels, but we should have those results soon, I would think.

Had a look at the requisition form and my rheumatologist is checking everything iron-related under the sun:

• CBC
• ferritin
• Vitamin B12
• TIBC (iron binding capacity)
• TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)

I guess the last one can affect your iron/hemoglobin levels – can't find a connection and am too tired to look further. Sorry!

I think she was running the usual AST and ALT liver tests again, too.

There might have been others, but that's all I remember...

4 comments:

  1. :(
    Sorry to hear that you're still sore and tired. I hope the labs come back quickly and show something that's easy to fix. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm down to tests every 3 months. This is what's on it. Creatinine, AST,Alk. Phosphatase,Hemoglobin, WBC, Hematocrit, Platelets, ESR, CRT,ALT. So that is a bit less. Sorry you're so sore. I remember the deep fatigue so well.
    I feel pretty good for about 10 to 11 days after the Humira, then not so much, and that's where I'm at now

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're feeling crap Laurie. Stick on some Dr Who, that'll make all your worries melt away.lol Sending you nice thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your posts since last Christmas when I came down with RA. I was studying in London, ON getting my Master's Degree to start a new life at 54. It took 5 months to see a rheumatologist. I decided to return to Alberta where my doctor got me in immediately to a rheumatologist. The meds seem to be working. I'm looking for a job now and suffering a lot of anxiety over that and the RA. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete