Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Big Day Tomorrow

Picked up my prescription of Methotrexate today. Also got syringes. No folic acid was available. My rheumatologist had prescribed it for me, but the pharmacist said the company that makes it was revamping their facilities and it hasn't been available for some time (??). I had to buy some regular stuff and cover the cost.

Tomorrow I learn how to inject myself. Oh joy! Luckily, I'm not afraid of needles. Plus, I had a diabetic cat (yes, they do exist!), so I know how to fill up a syringe, although it's been a while.

Am I nervous? Yes, I have to admit I am somewhat. The thought of sticking a needle into myself is daunting, despite the above. And in the stomach? Hmmmm. Although I've heard it hurts less there...

We'll see.

P.S. Got a call from the insurance company saying I need a pre-authorization for Enbrel; wish they'd told me that last week when the drug company and I had a conference call with them...

2 comments:

  1. You will no doubt do great. You are the most capable person I know and THE person I'd choose to be trapped with in a Maltese farmhouse with no electricity (who else would have the presence of mind to snag emergency matches from a Valetta hotel?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You are too funny, my fab friend! And there's no one else I rather be trapped with! You've made me laugh more than anyone I know. Keep the laughs coming! Love, L :)

    ReplyDelete