Saturday, January 30, 2010

Prednisone Taper

So far, so good on the prednisone taper front.

I started taking 20mg of Prednisone on Jan. 5 of this year. Nothing else had been working well enough – not the systemic corticosteroid shot I received on Dec. 23, not the Voltaren (diclofenac), nothing. So my rheumatologist prescribed the Prednisone so I could function and work until we could get a diagnosis.

Now, I'm supposed to cut back 5mg a week, if I feel good, till I'm off it. I started to do that Thursday, since Wednesday was my first day of the Methotrexate and Enbrel combo.

So far, so good! I wasn't sure what to expect at all. Last night I felt a bit achy in places I haven't in a while, like my knees, and same this morning, but no stiffness in the mornings. I'm pretty pleased.

Just very tired. Slept like crap last night. Went to bed at 11, which is late for me, but got sucked into the blogosphere (again!), and then woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep again. Got up at 7, had breakfast, did the dishes, prepared and roasted some veggies for this weekend, then had a nap at 9 (!). Now I should really go out and get some groceries, but it's -14°C (-17°C with the windchill) and the comfy, cushy couch is looking more and more inviting once again!!!

4 comments:

  1. Listen to the siren call of that cushy sofa, Laurie. Rest as much as you can today and tomorrow. Drink plenty of water, eat warm things and baby yourself. This is an order.
    Smiling,
    Wren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I did pop out to get groceries, and it actually felt good to get some fresh – albeit cold – air and sunshine on my face. But now back on the cushy couch!

    Thanks for taking care of me! And glad to hear you have rain in your neck of the woods!

    :) L

    ReplyDelete
  3. -14 outside or 68 inside with a nice cushy couch ... no question which one I would have gone with. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, Tharr! We are a hardy bunch, we Canadians. I really don't mind the cold so much, and when it's that cold out, it's usually nice and sunny. It's the dark I hate in the winter, and now it's actually getting lighter bit by bit, the world is a good place! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete